[time-nuts] OCXO sensitive to gravitational effects

John Green wpxs472 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 13:37:22 UTC 2009

Interesting. It makes sense that it is the holder and not the crystal itself
that is sensitive. I only implied that the oscillator as a whole displayed
this sensitivity. While I didn't try to actually measure the change, I would
estimate it at almost 1e-8. I will try to use a strong magnet nearby to see
if the effects are the same. I won't get it too close. I am quite familiar
with the effects of magnets on perminvarferrites.