[time-nuts] Difference in GPS antennas

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Aug 14 15:08:02 UTC 2009

> I took one of those conical timing antennas apart only to find that it
> has the same ceramic patch as most cheap GPS antennas.

How did you get it apart?

I have a Lucent antenna that died.  That seemed like a good enough excuse to
look inside.  I removed a set of screws on the bottom that looked like they
were holding the top on.  I still couldn't get the top off.  I assumed it was
glued on which could make a weatherproof seal.  But then why did they bother
with the screws?