Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 14 16:33:26 UTC 2009

There is a Leica L1 only survey antenna on Ebay right now for $200 (220451355177) a Javad choke ring unit for $900 (200373329570).   The listings don't have any specs on the operating voltage.

These are typical prices for what these devices sell for (not a bargain,  not a total rip).  A little patience and shopping around and you could do better.  A Sokkia L1/L2 antenna just sold for $350.

One issue with them is that survey antennas are usually flat and timing antennas are conical (to shed snow and ice).  If you live up north it could be an issue...