[time-nuts] Using cheap sound cards for measurements

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Sat Aug 22 06:27:30 UTC 2009

Not for my uses, I think. USB 2.0 plenty fast with a good computer.
I've been digging. Creative has a new E-MU 0202 that has no optical or midi
costs $99, has 100 ps sampling jitter with an internal crystal sampling
clock, 24 bit, zero latency, up to 192 kHz sample rate,  113 dba snr, about
the same channel isolation.
Have a couple more to look at, but this one looks like the bee's knees...
Don