[time-nuts] ad-hoc I/O

Christian Vogel vogelchr at vogel.cx
Fri Aug 28 13:21:03 UTC 2009

Hi Dave,

> Likewise, there are also versions of MCU's with TCP stacks available
> too, as well as things like this...
> http://www.lantronix.com/device-networking/embedded-device-servers/xport.html

> Basically, an embedded TCP/IP<>Serial adapter, with bells on!  So you
> can use existing device designs that would use a serial link to the
> host, and "add" network connectivity for that need, with no (well,
> little) design overhead.

When I was looking for something simmilar, a relative recommended

   http://www.ak-nord.de/ak/product_info.php?products_id=33

which he uses at work to access interfaces internal to their product
during testing. It should be what the "xport" is, but adding i2c and
spi ports. Unfortunately, I didn't find time to procure one, or even
test it.

         Chris