[time-nuts] ad-hoc I/O

Peter Vince pvince at theiet.org
Fri Aug 28 18:31:48 UTC 2009

Hi Rick,

	Another program you might like to consider is "BBC BASIC for Windows".  Richard
Russell, an ex engineer at the British Broadcasting Corporation's Research
Department, has ported the original 6502 BASIC from the 1980's era BBC Micro.
All versions of Windows (including Vista) are supported.  He actively supports it
via a Yahoo group, there is a comprehensive online manual, and yes, programs can
be compiled into executables to run without the interpreter.  There is access to
any of the Windows APIs.  There is a free (memory limited) trial version, or the
full version costs $50.  See:

http://www.cix.co.uk/~rrussell/bbcwin/bbcwin.html

Online reference:
	http://bb4w.wikispaces.com/

Yahoo group:

	In the spirit of full disclosure I should perhaps mention that I also worked for
the BBC, and collaborated with Richard Russell on another project.

	Regards,

		Peter Vince  (G8ZZR, London, England)

On Fri Aug 28  7:43 , 'Richard (Rick) Karlquist' <richard at karlquist.com> sent: