[time-nuts] Advice on 5370A vs 5370B differences please

Roy Phillips phill.r1 at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 29 10:33:42 UTC 2009

Tim
I have recently acquired a 5370B and find your comments of interest. So in
addition, what was the intention of designing the mother-board to have no
less than three additional (and in my case,unused) pcb slots following the
uP and Display interface, marked ROM, MEM(optional) and SERVICE(AID) - then
followed by the HPIB which is populated ? Do other owners have any of these
additional facilities ? I can only assume that the ROM was for other planned
facilities and MEM was expensive when this counter was designed , and the
Service card pure indulgence ? Finally, I wonder if you could confirm that
the rear mounted Heat Sink was designed to run at what I would consider a
very high temperature - so that you cannot put your hand on it !!  I am in
the UK which has a normally well maintained 230 -240 volt line supply, and
the 5370B is set to 240 volts.
Regards
Roy