[time-nuts] Audio recording with time code

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Dec 11 18:45:00 UTC 2009

Could you use one of the sound card audio timecode generating programs and "patch" it to the second input? Most recording programs have a way to "mix" things, and there's programs that create virtual audio cables, too.

http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html (note that the demo has a voice nag-ware periodically)
Jack also provides a similar capability.

You might look at DL4YFH's spectrum lab program too (I use it all the time for a variety of things.. I haven't looked at timecodes, but it wouldn't surprise me if he has a way to generate timestamped files, using the PC clock)

ARGO does timestamping in some manner (http://www.weaksignals.com/)