[time-nuts] LAVOIE LA-800D WWV Timebase Receiver

Dave dave at veratek.com
Sun Dec 20 22:02:36 UTC 2009

Hi Timenuts,

My first email to the list.  I've had this LAVOIE LA-800D (see picture)
receiver for about 10 years now.  Before that, it was sitting in an
ariplane hanger for some unknown number of years and was headed for the
trash when I aquired it.  Well,  I finally put it on the work bench and
was quite surprised that I was able to power it up without anything
exploding.  I've determined that it will receive WWV on 5mc quite well
and produce a vertical deflection on the scope.  I can hear a very weak
400hz on the speaker.  I can also feed 400 kc into the local standard
input and see it getting filtered and amplified internally.  This is a
far as I can get.  I am not sure how this device is suppose to work but
am fairly certain that most of it is functional.  I really need to find
schematics and some operating instructions to make it work all the way.
I've already done the quick google and other customary searches for info
without avail.  If anyone out there could email me pdf's of the
schematics, and other manuals it would help me a lot in getting this
classic piece of equipment back in operation.  Pointers to info would
also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave