[time-nuts] GPS chicken tracker (slightly OT butsorta-not-really)

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Thu Dec 24 01:44:27 UTC 2009

Jean-Louis Oneto wrote:
> Hello,
> Around here (Provence, France), to describe a very steepy land, one
> say that the inhabitants need to attach nets to the hen *ss to avoid
> egg from rolling downhill...
> Of course, it not electronic and don't solve the "timing" part of  the
> question, but since the original questin was _where_, that could a
> traditional approach...
> Best regards,
> Jean-Louis

I had a friend who was fond of telling strange stories. One night he
told me about a very steep mountainous region. They had a special breed
of cows there that had evolved to have the legs on one side of their
body longer than the legs on the other side. This allowed them to stand
comfortably on the very steep mountain sides.

Yes, (I replied in kind) I know about these cows. They actually evolved
into two separate breeds: the clockwise and the counter clockwise. [See
I got a tentative timing reference in there.] The difference between the
clockwise and counter clockwise depended on whether the legs were longer
on the left side or the right side. The two types of cows could not
cross breed because if a clockwise bull tried to breed with a counter
clockwise cow, he would tumble down the mountain.

I guess it is the holiday time frame bringing this out. Merry Christmas.