[time-nuts] Racal-Dana 1992 Opt 4B or 4E, what's best?

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 03:17:54 UTC 2009

Hi Bert,

If you go to the Bama site for this counter:

http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/racal/1991/

You can see references to the Opt 4B, 9423, ocxo in:

http://bama.edebris.com/download/racal/1991/RACAL-DANA-1991-1992-UserManual.pdf
http://bama.edebris.com/download/racal/1991/RACAL-DANA-1991-1992-ServiceManual.pdf

And the Opt 4E, 404386, ocxo in:

http://bama.edebris.com/download/racal/1991/RACALDANA-1991-1992-IM.pdf

As for what I wanted to know, well I wondered if anyone had experience
if one was better than the other for drift, stability, thermal
stability, etc. The 4E unit appears to be the more substantial but the
specs in the above pdfs seem to favour the 4B with regard to thermal
stability. This is really all very well anyway as I would like to use
the counter locked to GPS for most of the time but there may be times
when it could be used as stand-alone. I guess the only way to tell is
to run a test on them both but before I looked into this I wondered if
anyone had already done this, that's all.

73, Steve

2009/2/3  <EWKehren at aol.com>:
> I have option E but am only aware of E and A. My manual does not refer to  an
> option B. What would you like to know specifically? Bert in  Miami
> **************Who's never won?  Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on
> AOL Music.
> (http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000001)

Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD & JAKDTTNW