[time-nuts] LPRO and switching power supply?

Sylvain RICHARD sr75pro at free.fr
Wed Feb 4 11:44:44 UTC 2009

Daniel Schultz a écrit :
> What type of power supply are you using to provide the 24 volts to the LPRO?
> The Users Guide mentions (on page 23) that there is a susceptibility to input
> noise and suggests that users not connect fans to the same power supply, but
> it does not give any quantitative data, except for mentioning that "This topic
> is discussed further in the LPRO Data Manual" which I cannot find.
>
> Have you had success running the LPRO from a switch mode power supply?
>
> Dan Schultz N8FGV

Dan,

I have no experience with the LPRO, but you may find the results of
connecting various power supplies to a Thunderbolt interesting:
http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/tbolt/noise.htm

You may already have seen that page, but it's an eye-opener. Especially
when you can't measure phase noise yourself.

--
Sylvain RICHARD