[time-nuts] Lady Heather question serial error

John DeArmond jgd at johngsbbq.com
Sun Feb 22 04:25:23 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-21 at 11:42 -0500, Chuck Harris wrote:
> Magnus Danielson wrote:
>
> > I'm considering a Linux port since I want to reduce my dependency on
> > Windows at all times.
>
> If you do, welcome!  Please take a trip to:
>
> http://counter.li.org/

You might also be interested in my account of going cold-turkey in
converting my laptop to Ubuntu about 2 months ago.  I am almost
windows-free.  there are still a few things that I must have XP for so I
installed VMware and have XP booting as a task under Ubuntu.  I show you
how to do it for free.
http://www.johndearmond.com/category/computing/page/3/

BTW, a couple of weeks ago I read a Gardner Group report that puts the
number of desktop users (not counting the servers that run the net) at
about the same number as Mac users.  8-10% of the market.  That's
wonderful news.

John

--
John DeArmond