[time-nuts] WWVB Wall and Travel Clocks On Sale

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 23 19:41:13 UTC 2009

Hi Brooke,

Is there something special about the Sony clock that you want?  Before I
found out about Time Nuts & GPSDOs I was looking at using one of these
"atomic clocks" as a source of time and /or frequency.  Most of them
have a point where you can get to the time code.  Getting to the 60 KHz
carrier was a bit trickier.

e.g. I picked up a few Hummer Atomic Clocks on clearance for about $5.
The radio is a seperate unit that sends out the time code continuously.
The clock takes about 5 minutes to lock in.  I'm about 680 miles from
Fort Collins.

Ed