[time-nuts] GPSDO for a week

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Feb 27 23:47:52 UTC 2009

> Thanks a lot for taking the time to do these measurements Tom.
>
> If I am interpreting the data correctly the ADEV stays below
> 3E-(8+tau) out to tau=1000s and is above that for tau=10000s. So the
> Thunderbold is indeed not suitable for VLBI at 40-50MHz with
> integration times longer than 1000s.

I'm not sure what you mean by the expression: 3E-(8+tau). For
example, if you plug in tau = 1000s into that equation, you get
3e-1008, which isn't right.

Also how does this compare with your earlier requirement of
3 ns at 1 second (which would be 3e-9). I'll help, but I'm a bit
confused what your performance goal is and how that relates
to 50 MHz.

/tvb