[time-nuts] Connector source for LPRO Rb oscillator...??

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Jan 1 11:33:38 UTC 2009

> The user-manual contains some info on the connector, but no info on
> where to make an actual purchase.  Any suggestions from the list
> members on where to get a couple of these connectors?

If the user manual has the manufacturer's part numbers, my first try would be
to feed them to the search stuff on my favorite distributor.

Tyco gobbled up AMP a while ago, so the manufacturer for the AMP part numbers
is now Tyco.

That style of connectors is a pain until you fork over the cash for a good
crimp tool.

Digikey has the 87133-2 (shell) for $1.68 and the 5-87165-2 (pins) for $0.49
each.

Note the extra 5- on the front of the part number for the pins.  That's the
lead free version.  If you want lead, the price is a bit higher.  87165-1 is
the gold plated version.

The drawing for the shell said 87124 was the part number for the pins.
That's probably newer/cheaper/better.

Digikey says over $500 for the hand tool.  That's more than I'm willing to
pay.  I have the Molex version.  Digikey says "please call" for the one I
have and over $300 for the alternate.  Mumble.  I was thinking of $100 or so.
 Maybe you should hope a nearby buddy has one.