[time-nuts] Z3801A & LED display...

n1jez at burlingtontelecom.net n1jez at burlingtontelecom.net
Thu Jan 1 13:07:32 UTC 2009

   That would be neat to get a copy. I've saved a screen shot of a
   Thunderbolt at 23:59:60.

   Thought I'd show it at the 1/10 NEWS meeting.

   Got our new FM antenna installed for WVTQ-FM on Equinox.

   http://vprblog.blogspot.com/2008/12/intrepid-engineering.html

   Mike
   On Thu Dec 31 19:57 , sent:

     FWIW...
     I have one of my Z3801A running with an external LED display
     that's based on one of the Dave Robinson, G4FRE PIC controllers.
     His design reads the raw binary output from the internal GPS RX.
     A mini-disc cam-corder was aimed at the display and caught
     the leapsecond.
     ie:
     23:59:58
     23:59:59
     23:59:60
     00:00:00
     00:00:01
     I'll try and snag a few seconds of video from the DVD around the
     event
     if anybody is interested. Had WWV on in the background but was not
     mic'ed
     very well so sound is low.
     -Brian, WA1ZMS
     To unsubscribe, go to