[time-nuts] QUALCOMM Q3036I-16N Info Needed

Richard W. Solomon w1ksz at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 3 20:09:00 UTC 2009

Does anyone have or know a source for a datasheet on a
Qualcomm Q3036I-16N Synthesizer chip ?

I picked up two "things" from "over there". They looked
interesting and were rather cheap.

These "things" had 4 SMA connectors, marked:
10 MHz
72.5 MHz
725 MHz
7.975 GHz
and had three wires going to a power connector.

I applied +15vdc to 2 of the three wires and got an output
on one connector (72.5 MHz) around 71 MHz. When I applied a
10 MHz reference from one of my GPSDO's, the frequency shifted
to 72.5 MHz and was quite stable. Similarly the outputs at 725
MHz and 7.975 GHz were also quite stable. More precise
measurements to come.

Now, if I can get the pinout of the Qualcomm chip, perhaps I
can figure out how to move the output freq's.

Who says there are no bargains "over there".

73, Dick, W1KSZ