[time-nuts] WWV / WWVH / WWVB

brooke at pacific.net brooke at pacific.net
Wed Jan 7 18:44:58 UTC 2009

Hi Jamie:

The same company makes a number of LF time code receiving products.  Their
top of the line model combines a ferrite loop antenna, made to have very
specific properties, with a three band receiver that resonates the antenna
at either 40, 60 or 77.5 kHz by switching caps.  The included CPU can
decide which frequency is active and then decode it to make a clock that
works with any of the standard signals.

The big problem they had was the capacity of chip caps change when they
are soldered making it very difficult to choose the proper caps.
See: http://www.prc68.com/I/Loop.shtml

I have a couple of the no CPU units on order in the hope that the output
signal has a relationship with the signal strength.  If that's the case
then they can be used in developing an antenna.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.prc68.com

James R. Gorr wrote:
> http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T091/P0529.pdf
>

> When I look at the catalogue, the description says:
>
>> | UTC Receiver Module, 60kHz, no CPU | 561-1014-ND | 10.70 | CMMR-6P-60 |
>
> I have looked at modules like this before but what I saw was much more
expensive.  So I'd like to get one at < $11.00.  Have you been able to
RX WWVB with it (even if you haven't written anything to decode it)?