[time-nuts] Any experienced HP 2804A thermometer users out there?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat Jan 24 17:15:21 UTC 2009

The immersion depth does make a difference in ultimate accuracy, but
20cm is not required.  Per the manual, for the probe I have available,
the "immersion error" is 0.001 degree C at 9cm, and 0.01C for 3.5cm
insertion.  Of course, both are impractical for a surface measurement.

This is clearly a case of picking the right tool for the job!

John
----