[time-nuts] Datum 1000B OXCO

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 20:16:20 UTC 2009

After several dissemble assemble cycles the oven heater started working, it is very slow reaching a stable frequency, about 12 hours. So maybe only one of the two transistors is working but this allows me to move on for now.

The frequency was closer but I changed a 33 PF capacitor to about 20 Pf across the crystal to get to the 5+ Mhz. My hope is I can restore the original cap when the heater is repaired.

My FTS 4040 is now ramping the frequency but not locking, I have hope as it starts with a wide range and closes in on the correct frequency +- a few counts so maybe the tube is very weak and not dead. Will wait and hope it repairs itself:-)

Stanley