[time-nuts] Some results of Tbolt + LPRO case

Esa Heikkinen scifiscifi at sci.fi
Thu Jan 29 23:35:14 UTC 2009

Hi!

Although this will not be my final setup the measurements had already
started with "Tbolt OCXO replaced by LPRO" and are now done. I think
some of you might be interested of the results.

Here's some Lady Heather logfiles and couple of pictures.

Unmodified Thunderbolt in my place (many trees at the yard etc):
http://www.amigazone.fi/files/gpsdo/tbolt-default.log
http://www.amigazone.fi/files/gpsdo/tbolt-normal.jpg
(Includes short holdover test at the end)

Unmodified Thunderbolt in holdover mode:
http://www.amigazone.fi/files/gpsdo/tbolt-holdover.log

Unmodified Thunderbolt OCXO performance (disciplining off):
http://www.amigazone.fi/files/gpsdo/tbolt-ocxo-freerun.log

OCXO now replaced with LPRO, normal run:
http://www.amigazone.fi/files/gpsdo/tbolt+lpro.log

OCXO replaced with LPRO, disciplining turned off:
http://www.amigazone.fi/files/gpsdo/tbolt+lpro-freerun.log
http://www.amigazone.fi/files/gpsdo/tbolt+lpro-freerun.jpg

This final test simulates my planned setup (without final cleaning loop
however).

Next thing is to try to get some ADEV charts with Ulrich's Plotter. For
some reason it shows only e-1 values for now, the actual shape of the
trace looks ok. Have to learn about the settings...

--
73s!
Esa