[time-nuts] Canada's 5,000 year old calendar

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Fri Jan 30 01:13:26 UTC 2009

M. Warner Losh skrev:
> In message: <25630a120901291622l5cc165ecna06e01cc3de52a39 at mail.gmail.com>
>             michael taylor <mctylr at gmail.com> writes:
> : An academic maverick is challenging conventional wisdom on Canada's
> : prehistory by claiming an archeological site in southern Alberta is
> : really a vast, open-air sun temple with a precise 5,000-year-old
> : calendar predating England's Stonehenge and Egypt's pyramids.
> : Since we had some discussion about historic calendars earlier this
> : year, I thought it might of interest here.
>
> I wonder if he has accounted for the progression in the earth's wobble
> over the past 5k years to make his claims...

Hmm... never check a story too closely... :)

I think to recall that that kind of people use software that can fairly
accurately re-play sky-events back in time... considering various of
long-term drift effects. Would love to fool around with that kind of
stuff... but it is probably unobtainables for mere mortals like me.

Cheers,
Magnus