[time-nuts] M12+T Oncore

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Jul 2 23:41:40 UTC 2009

> Specifically it would provide regulated 5 and 3 volts, a MAX3232 chip
> for level translation, a buffered 1PPS output, and LEDs to indicate
> power and 1PPS heartbeat. Some or all the components would be SMDs.
> This could be an assembled board or a kit.

> If this looks promising, I would be interested in what other features
> would be desirable.

How wide is the PPS?  If it's tiny (10 microseconds) some serial port setups
won't catch it.  If so, a one-shot pulse stretcher would be handy.

Does the PPS signal stop ticking when it runs out of satellites?  If so, I
think you can use the other one-shot in the package so that the LED is on
when the PPS is ticking and blinks when the PPS is off. and is off if there
is no power).