[time-nuts] Broken Ovenaire OSC 85-50 - crystal failure ?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Jul 4 20:49:33 UTC 2009

> I've not attempted to butcher a capsule open to determine the cause -
> this to my mind is bordering on the sacrilegious but if given
> absolution from another TimeNut, I may attempt it and photograph the
> results ...

What have you got to lose?  Is it good for anything else?

I probably wouldn't bother unless I had a camera that was good enough to get
a nice picture in case I found something interesting.  (This might be a good
excuse to get a good camera.)

How would you open the can?  I was thinking of using a file, but that's
likely to setup vibrations which could cause enough damage to mask the
initial problem.  Maybe if it was held in a vice.