[time-nuts] 1" 14 tpi UNS die

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Tue Jul 7 20:06:10 UTC 2009

Arnold.Tibus at gmx.de writes:

Nigel  and the group,

this very useful adapter is what is needed and I am  looking for as well.

---------
Hi Arnold

That looks ideal, and good quality too, but I suppose the problem  with
that and with my similar suggestion for a collar is that pipe sizes vary,  so
it will either need to be available in different sizes or adapters  provided.
I don't see any problem with that but it might start to get expensive for
home use.

When I finally get round to mounting my timing antennas outdoors, so far my
 little Motorola magnetic patches seem to see an awful lot of sky from
indoors, if I can't find a similar adapter that fits I'll probably just use a
standard mast clamp arrangement with a 90 degree bracket and fix one of the
cheap plastic mounts to that.

Not so neat, and a bit more wind resistance, but not too much hassle
either:-)

regards

Nigel