[time-nuts] Glitches in data

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Thu Jul 9 08:38:54 UTC 2009

I had the same problem with a Racal 1992 and a NI GPIB to RS232.
Syncerely I'm now pleased that the problem was not only of
mine :-). In my case sometimes the glitches took two adjacent
readings (even if with different values), but I was sampling every 10 seconds, so my probality to get ones was much higher. I've not explained them, and was satisfied thinking of a loss
of single bits somewhere in the serial stream due to some
electrical disturbance. I modified my programs to ignore them.
Glitches were sporadic, some days none, some days even three.

(I take the opportunity to thank those who commented on
orbiting crystals and crystal orientation. I've got good info)

Antonio I8IOV