[time-nuts] 10811 crystal orientation

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Thu Jul 9 21:02:28 UTC 2009

You are right, Tom, there are two mixed topics.

On the on-topic subject, instead of making tests to measure the frequency
dependence on orientation, It would be much more interesting looking at
possible ADEV dependences on orientation, particularily for small tau (the
bottom of the curve). I can't do the test myself now, but would be pleased
to see it done. For someone here it should be easy. I suggest comparing
the measurements made with the crystal on the horizontal plane vs a
vertical plane.

On the pseudo-science subject, I would recall that the experiment you
pointed us to (null result) was made in Germany for NASA under NASA invitation.
The results of the tests are in conflict with previous tests made in China by
S.W.Zhou -cesium clocks changed rate- and known to Nasa (I gave the link some
posts back), and the matter is not yet solved. Maybe time-nuts could help in
the process of understanding what happened.

Antonio I8IOV