[time-nuts] US ebay sellers who won't ship outside the US

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Thu Jul 16 00:19:11 UTC 2009

You have it all wrong. Having friends in the business, I can tell you what
is going on. The reason the larger dealers have the restriction is, that
some or  most of their products come from companies that do business with the
government.  They are forced by contract to restrict sales to US addresses
only and are  presently facing ways to even make it more restrictive.
Government agencies  audit these sellers and violations as a minimum results in
loss of  business. To reduce that risk and not having to account for what came
from  where, many sellers opt for total "no foreign sales".  Intentional
circumvention of that restriction can result in prosecution. Be  cageful. Don't
ask me what I think of the governments actions.
Bert Kehren WB5MZJ

In a message dated 7/15/2009 6:40:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,