[time-nuts] OT - Feynman lecture series on Physics hosted by Microsoft

Mike Monett xde-l2g3 at myamail.com
Thu Jul 16 00:14:50 UTC 2009

  > I assume  we  have an above average interest  in  physics  on this
  > list.

  > Microsoft is  hosting  the classic Feynman  "Messenger"  series of
  > lectures, for free as part of the Tuva project.

  > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/15/microsoft_feynman_lectures/

  > http://research.microsoft.com/apps/tools/tuva/index.html

  > Graham / KE9H

  Excellent post.  But I believe the files require  SilverLight, which
  is a MS lockin and won't run on Linux.

  Here is a link to some Feynman videos on Youtube:

  <http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=AF0DF573FA4E9B58>

  The "Character of Physical Law - Richard Feynman", parts 1 to 5 were
  removed due to copyright complaint, but they are still  available on
  RapidShare, along  with   audio   from   "Surely  You're  Joking, Mr
  Feynman!"

<http://rapidlibrary.com/index.php?q=Character+of+Physical+Law+-+Richard+Feynman&filetype=0>

  Now that  MS  is  hosting the Feynman lectures,  I'd  grab  them all
  before Bill claims copyright and removes them.

  There is a large selection of other Feynman lectures  and interviews
  on Youtube:

  <http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Feynman&search_type=&aq=f>

  Most are very interesting. For example, see

  Feynman 'Fun to Imagine' 6: The Mirror
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msN87y-iEx0

  Feynman 'Fun to Imagine' 7: The Train
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7h4OtFDnYE

  Lots to keep you thinking while waiting for your GPSDO to lock:)

  Or trying to get Win98 virtualization working on Ubuntu...

  Mike