[time-nuts] US ebay sellers who won't ship outside the US

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 16 06:45:07 UTC 2009

Hi,
I've been on the receiving end of this and it's getting worse. Even data is restricted under ITAR (international Traffic in Arms Regulations). It's frustrating to have to get a licence (that can take months) just to get a official copy of installation manual for a radio even when a copy of the maintenance manual can be freely downloaded from the US governments own website! (and the radio bought on ebay) Some of the bigger surplus dealers have been warned and face going to jail for further violations. It's very hard to tell what and what is not restricted. A helmet is probably not restricted, but if it has a bracket on the front that might be used to mount night vision equipment then it is! And big brother IS watching ebay, I have personal experience of this.

Robert G8RPI.