[time-nuts] Trimble Thunderboltsetup optimizationand addinga10811 OCXO

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Thu Jul 16 09:06:32 UTC 2009

> How do you realize theset influences?
> What are your results for the TB with the 10811 on EFC, PPS and
> Osc.?
> What setting are you applying?

Subjectively, just watching 30-hour plots on Heather, I see about the same
performance on PPS and Osc as I do on the much-newer TAPR unit.  The EFC
showed a steady increase on a 1-volt scale (~100x worse than the TAPR unit),
probably because of the storage time.  It hadn't flattened out entirely
after 30 hours.

I had to reclaim the bench space this evening so I can't look at it any
closer right now.

I did see occasional jumps with this 10811, nothing extremely bad, but a bit
worse than the worst OSC spikes I tend to see on the TAPR unit.

My conclusion from earlier still seems valid, in that this particular 10811
upgrade brings the older Thunderbolt up to approximately the same level of
performance being seen with the TAPR units.

-- john, KE5FX