[time-nuts] 5071A cesium tube question

Corby Dawson cdelect at juno.com
Sun Jul 19 19:28:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm testing some 5071A units and have come across a unit that has a tube
S/N US38390709 .

When I run the profiling software and the status screen comes up it lists
the tube type as "non-standard".

The other units that have a normal looking serial number (3124A00132 or
3128A00532) come up with tube types of 10890A and 10891A respectively.

The measured performance of the US prefix tube indicates a standard tube
performance as far as short term stability goes.

Anyone have any idea what specs would be different on this tube, or what
application is was built for?

Thanks!

Corby Dawson