[time-nuts] adjustable gain/offset amplifiers

Lux, James P (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Jul 24 18:03:36 UTC 2009

I'm looking for some amplifiers with adjustable gain (say from 0 to 5) and offset (say +/- 5V) for general benchtop use (e.g. you have some widget you want to test as a replacement, but the original device had different input ranges, and before you go redesign the rest of the circuit..) with at least 10 MHz BW.

SRS has something close (SIM983) but it's only 1 MHz BW..

I'm thinking that someone might have run across it in the nuclear instrumentation or experimental physics area? (I looked through the Ortec NIM module listing, but nothing lept out).  I've also run across the instrumentation amps used for strain gages, but they're all in the few tens of kHz range.

I'd like to avoid cobbling up something with some wideband opamps and pots (which is what we've done in the past..).

James Lux, P.E.
Task Manager, SOMD Software Defined Radios
Flight Communications Systems Section
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
4800 Oak Grove Drive, Mail Stop 161-213
Pasadena, CA, 91109