[time-nuts] What's the cleanest way to produce 1 and 5 MHz from 10 MHz?

arie schellaars arie.schellaars at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 28 08:40:16 UTC 2009

Hi people

I too needed a 1MHz reference to drive my HP5245L counter.
I simply fed the t.bolt's 10 MHz output into a single transistor amp to obtain
5V p.p and divided down using a TTL 7490 chip.
This I followed with a six stage Chebichev  1Mhz low pass filter to "knock-off" the rough "corner" spots and this fed into the counter.
It all seems to work with accurate readings from a known frequency source out of
the counter.
It's simple but perhaps not too elegant
Cheers
Arie