[time-nuts] Posting style Was: looking for gooddescription/generalized model for time adjustments

Arnold Tibus Arnold.Tibus at gmx.de
Thu Jul 30 13:50:13 UTC 2009

Top Posting, Mid Posting or Bottom Posting,
I agree to not discuss it extensively.

But why it is necessary to fill up the archive space with twice, triple or even
 more times of:

>>and follow the instructions there.

>and follow the instructions there.

I do not understand it. Can this be solved?

Perhaps it is wrong to just delete at least this part, but it does save some space.

HTML is very good for Internet information pages, but personally I have some
problems having to read through never ending Spaghetty Lines. Ok, when I trim
my mailer prog to show only a quarter of the screen width these lines get wrapped
to be readable.

I do not use the multi featured mailing programs. I want to avoid any hidden
codes to get active. I do only need just ASCII or ANSI characters for typing
text. Perhaps I am alone whith this behaviour...

Why not to use the different ways of posting all together?

When the response does follow more or less immediately I think it is not
necessary to rehash what I lready have on my disk. Perhaps just mentioning the
subject with date/ time may be sufficient. If there are doubts then I think to add the
 previous text at the end is sufficient, even if it sounds to be more logic to put it
 in front. In most cases I anyway step down immediately to the new text without
having read this known old part...

I find the Center Posting important when the mail is complex containing
lots of different points and statements or questions, but that does not seem to be
read easily either.

Thanks Rex for your mail and pointing to the WIKI I didn't know about.

Excuse me, ecause my answer is not specific to just one previous mail I just
 do not repeat them.

Arnold