[time-nuts] Multiple Voltage monitoring

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Fri Jul 31 13:35:40 UTC 2009

I would add to this scenario the solution I've used for many years,
the AD12 card shown at about mid page at:

http://www.micromed.it/Elettronica/schede.html

It is a 12 bit + sign, 8 single ended or 4 differential channels,
AD converter with RS232 interface. Resolution is 1 mV, conversion
time 8.8 microsec. The only issue is that you will have to write your
programs yourself. Very low power consumption, good accuracy, it is still my
preferred "long-term" measuring device, even for single channel
measurements. I can make about 2000 measurements per seconds on a 300 MHz
Centrino laptop running DOS. Easy to keep under UPS along with the laptop.
I've not tested this, but I think it could be powered, skipping the
onboard 5V regulator, from a USB or mouse port of the laptop. It has its own
voltage reference onboard (doesn't rely on the 5V regulator).

Antonio I8IOV