[time-nuts] Z3805 / MTI 260-0624-C

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 05:38:19 UTC 2009

Hi Ulrich,

I'm in the same boat as you and had no luck finding anything on this
unit. I did contact Bob in China (fluke.l) about this and he just sent
me the one on the Z3801/16 so no luck there. I can tell you that it
does work fine with GPSCon, as demonstrated in the fluke.l's listings.
The control ports are RS232, not RS423/4 as stated in the listings.
Control is via the bottom port and the upper one is an auxiliary which
I have no idea what it does. Also, be aware that the listing also
indicates the supply voltage is 40V but my (and the actual one in the
listing) should be fed from a lower voltage, I run mine on 24V fine.
In fact I bought one of the 40V power supplies from Bob and have ended
up running it off the -12V to +12V lines.

If you do find any manual for this, please can you forward me a copy or a link.

73,
Steve Rooke

2009/6/2 Ulrich Bangert <df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de>:
> Gents,
>
> I just bought a Z3805 (similar to Z3801/Z3816 but with some differences...)
> from Chinese seller fluke.I.
>
> 1) Has anyone of you a link to a Z3805 manual? The Symmetricon pages have
> not.
>
> 2) This beast is equipped with a MTI 260-0624-C DOCXO. The MTI pages do not
> list the option "0624". Has anyone of you an idea what this spec stands for?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Ulrich Bangert
> www.ulrich-bangert.de
> Ortholzer Weg 1
> 27243 Gross Ippener

Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD & JAKDTTNW
A man with one clock knows what time it is;
A man with two clocks is never quite sure.