[time-nuts] Sound Cards for locking to GPSDO 10 MHz references

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Jun 2 19:24:53 UTC 2009

Lux, James P skrev:
> [...]

Do they really lock up to the S/P-DIF input? I doubt it for the cheap
boards. Rather, they decode the S/P-DIF signal and ship the samples into
the DSP. The DSP tends to make very rought sample-rate conversions like
dropping samples etc.

A lockable board isn't that expensive. You can get them off ebay for
instance.

Cheers,
Magnus