[time-nuts] Efratom FRS 10mhz rubidium frequency oscillator+ board

Yuri Ostry yuri at ostry.ru
Fri Jun 5 21:49:41 UTC 2009

Hello,

Sunday, May 31, 2009, 19:29:23, GandalfG8 wrote:

G> Bob, Fluke.1, is selling these on Ebay, for  example item #  290313671907,
G> and supplies the FRS module itself with an interface  board containing the
G> FRS connector, plus another PCB containing a  15MHz oscillator and assorted
G> other parts that the FRS interface board plugs  into.

G> Connecting up the FRS itself via the 10 way header on the  interface board
G> is simple enough, most connections are marked and  others easily traced, but
G> there's no information available regarding the  other PCB.

By the way, I still think about building something more useful to be
put to the same place in that nice metal box. For example PIC with
serial interface to the outside world and fine tuning DAC to adjust Rb
source, plus cleanup PLL loop with TCXO, plus some divider to 2
or 4 isolated outputs... Maybe same PIC for monitoring everything inside,
from temperatures and voltages to Rb unit health status (lamp voltage,
lock status, etc)...

If enough people have such units, it may become group project...

--
Best regards,
 Yuri                          mailto:yuri at ostry.ru