[time-nuts] Thunderbolt stability and ambient temperature

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Thu Jun 11 15:00:53 UTC 2009

It has nothing to do with this.

A long (length >> width) bar can simply be modeled as a long ladder of
series resistors's and capacitors to ground:

---zzz---zzz---zzz----  ...  ---zzz---
   _|_   _|_   _|_              _|_

If you put a rectangular pulse in the left end, it will emerge later and
very much rounded at the right end.

Either do the math or simulate it in Spice or with a handful of R's and
C's and a pulse generator and scope.

No inductors needed. PERIOD. That model fully accounts for your
observations with the bar heated at one end.

-John