[time-nuts] Lifetime of glass containers

jmfranke jmfranke at cox.net
Mon Jun 15 20:30:06 UTC 2009

Also, people have noted that old glass window panes from the colonial era
are thicker at the base than the top.  This was due to the glacier selecting
the orientation of each piece.  Otherwise the prism effect would break up
horizontal lines viewed through the panes.  We did the same with segmented
precision glass windows used in wind tunnels at NASA.  Ancient glass bottles
with chips or broken sections still have sharp edges.

John  WA4WDL