[time-nuts] OT favorite signal generator?

Stan W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Fri Jun 19 14:36:27 UTC 2009

Hello Pat,

Ebay could be your friend in locating a signal generator, as well as
researching availability and pricing.
My perspective is that Ebay is the big flea market in the ether
and you do not know what you got,  till you get it on your test bench
and exercise it.

Bid accordingly, most dealers are simply junk/scrap dealers who buy the
stuff
by the pallet load and hope for a quick sale.
There are some used equipment dealers that will provide calibration and
a guarantee.

I have had decent luck selectively bidding on older obsolete
HP/Agilent/Fluke/TEK test gear.
Many manuals  and other documents are available at the HP/Agilent
website, a tremendous resource.

Consider buying a second of a unit for a parts unit. Get them while you can.
The stuff I buy is clearly obsolete and not logistically supported by
the manufacturer.
I am happy with 80's and 90's vintage commercial test equipment.

Stan, W1LE    Cape Cod