[time-nuts] TNC connectors

David C. Partridge david.partridge at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jun 23 11:10:17 UTC 2009

Norman,

PVC conduit sounds like a good solution.

I'm delighted to hear the frequency divider board is performing good
service.  I was rather surprised when there was insufficient interest to
justify getting a further batch of boards made up.

I'm pretty sure it would out-perform any micro based solution (no disrespect
to the TAPR board intended) in terms of jitter etc. especially if you used
thin film resistors instead of thick film in the clock circuit, but don't
have the test equipment to measure that.

I wonder if anyone did get round to measuring how good or bad it was - I did
try (with a lot of help from Bruce) to design it to minimise that sort of
problem.

Dave