[time-nuts] Orbiting crystals

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Sun Jun 28 21:57:03 UTC 2009

Magnus Danielson wrote:

> Do read the article I referred to on aging. I think that any
> gravitational issues during the eclipse event is far less than the
> effect of sudden cooling, loss of sunlight. Does the ionspheric TEC
> change drastically? You need a good L1/L2 GPS receiver for that.
> What is the means of comparision? 100 kHz radio transmissions? GPS? What
> medium was used? Can any eclipse effects be seen in that medium?
> Multiple phase comparision methods is needed to rinse out the effects of
> them from that of the clocks themselves. Expect everything to change and
> figure out ways to measure that to clear out what was affected and not.
>
> For freak-events like this, everyone has their favorite root cause.

We are aware that there are hidden traps, and we try to
diversify and cross-correlare experiments of different nature.
The progress is very slow because eclipses are rare events at
any given location, but they occur twice a year on the planet,
and I just thought to take advantage of satellites to possibly
speed-up the work. I don't believe the idea is completely new.
What is new, I think, is looking for sudden jumps, which may
have been filtered out by other workers. The thermal shock at
crossing the shadow is a severe issue, but some instruments
detected effects before and after the optical eclipse and on
the anti-eclipse path (the other side of the planet). There is
a non-official position of NASA on this, read MSG#26 at

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/iovane/mails.htm

(....We have a number of anomalies recorded on different....).

Not sure my idea is good, but what to do waiting for the next
eclipse here? Should it be within my reach, I would be pleased
to try looking at sats.

Or, maybe, time-nuts who happen to be in the eclipse path in
the future with their cesium clocks, could help. Or, further,
time-nuts may have suggestions such as I'm getting from you.
In the future, in case, I will ask you what you mean by "good"
L1/l2 receiver.

(I apologize for for some OT content)

Cheers,
Antonio I8IOV