[time-nuts] Vectron Labs OCXOs Pin-out

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 17:57:25 UTC 2009

Hi Bruce,

Many thanks for your help with this. It looks like some types of these
use 15V and others 24V. I received a PM from Bob Raker with the
following:

Both are 7 dBm output & 1 ppb/day aging

225-7639:  +24V supply - EFC: .3 ppm min for 0-6V, +/- 1 ppb for 15 to 35C

217-8364:  +15V supply - NO EFC, +/- 30 ppb for -20 to 70C.

In case anyone else was interested in this information.

Thanks,
Steve

2009/3/3  <Brucekareen at aol.com>:

> Steve,
> In my experience Vectron has not been able/willing to provide info on
> earlier oscillators.  I acquired a  229-7730-9, 100 MHz unit and with an ohmmeter
> decided the pin connections seemed  to match the diagram shown for the current
> CO-706 series.  The question then was whether the supply  voltage should be 12,
> 15 or 24 volts.  The unit oscillated with 15v, but plotting the warm-up
> drift, I found  that even after hours of operation the unit did not completely
> warm-up.  The can was barely warm to the  touch.  I then tried 24v and the
> oscillator warmed-up in 16 minutes from a cold start -- that is the direction of
> frequency drift reversed in 16 minutes.  The can was much warmer and reached
> that temperature much faster.  Applying a 0 to +6 v control voltage to  pin 6, I
> was able to shift the frequency about +/- 50 Hz.  The mechanical tuning
> adjustment, at the  top of the housing, allowed shifting the frequency over a much
> wider range.  Initial current at 24v was 200 ma.  This decreased to 105 ma
> after about 30  mins.  Output power at 24v was +7.6  dBm.  At 15v input, output
> power was  a steep function of input voltage.
> Bruce Hunter
> **************Worried about job security? Check out the 5 safest jobs in a
> recession.
> (http://jobs.aol.com/gallery/growing-job-industries?ncid=emlcntuscare00000002)