[time-nuts] pi Day

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Wed Mar 4 07:57:56 UTC 2009

Ahh, my bad. That keeps the slash at the decimal point too. I must note
that our date convention gets a bit higher resolution from just the day.

3/1 4:15:9.265 could be done. You'll have to wait until next year.
Actually we can celebrate earlier in March with the same scheme.

I hope we can avoid an international committee to set a new standard. In
my view, any or all honoring the series are valid but I think we should
require beginning from the beginning to make the options somewhat
finite. And someone else already decided 3/14 was "pi day". Changing it
now would be like redefining "talk like a pirate day"
(http://www.talklikeapirate.com/).