[time-nuts] Thunderbolt performance vs temperature sensor

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 03:58:23 UTC 2009

Hi,
further to Thunderbolt holdover performance,
if you had your thunderbolt in a room that only had ± 1 degree
temperature variation
when you switched it on, then it would only learn a rather weak
temperature sensitivity.
If it was in a room with a daily swing of 20 degrees it should learn
a fairly accurate
temperature sensitivity coefficient.
If you switched it on in the ±20 degree environment, then moved it to
the ±1 degree environment
would it eventually forget the robust tempco number and substitute a
more noise prone number?
The question I am asking is what is the best strategy to get the best
holdover performance?
This question is relevant to my plans to put my TBOLT in a ± 0.5
degree environment to help the
OCXO.

cheers, Neville Michie