[time-nuts] Z3805A responding with error on survey command

Peter Vince pvince at theiet.org
Fri Mar 27 22:35:41 UTC 2009

I have just run up a Z3805A that I recently acquired, and it quickly locked up,
and did a self-survey.  As the result was a little different (in the decimal
places of minutes of Lat and Long) from previous results with a Z3801A, I decided
to try and instigate another survey, but the command  :GPS:POS:SURV ONCE
produces an E-300
"Device-specific error".  The command :PTIME:GPSYSTEM:POSITION:SURVEY ONCE  given
in the Z3801A user guide produces the same result.  It seems to be working fine
apart from that - any ideas?

Peter (London, England)