[time-nuts] Hand Held GPS

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Mar 30 06:46:23 UTC 2009

> That's also a good move and could also implement a little diagnostics
> capability by monitoring the volts/current, but if a standard gps will
>  do the go /no go test its less to carry (and break) in the field.

Another (possibly crazy) idea is to find some of the old units that you know
and love, maybe on eBay or such.

Just out of curiosity, where are you/they going?  I think your previous msg
mentioned skis, so I'm guessing cell phone towers in hard to get-to places.
Do you have any troubles finding people who think that mixing skiing and
hi-tech is fun?

Most of the places that fit that description in the Sierra that I'm familiar
with (Tahoe area) have a somewhat reasonable road in the summer.   Of course,
all bets are off in a good blizzard.  (Do things never break in good weather?)